At Cornerstone, we believe that everyone who needs help deserves access to mental health care. Our Way to Wellness Fund covers up to 90% of the cost of counselling.
We have a sliding scale for rates which means fees are set according to each client’s income. Those who do not have benefits to cover the cost of counselling and those who have a gross household income of less than $100,000 per year qualify for fee subsidies. Counselling is not covered by Alberta Health, so any ‘profits’ we receive from full-fee clients are put back into our Way to Wellness Fund. We also rely on the generosity of donors, sponsors, and grants to run programs that help low-income adults, families, couples, and children find hope and recovery.
At this time, approximately 70% of our clients require counselling fee subsidies. By making a donation to our Way to Wellness Fund, life-changing counselling will be accessible for those who otherwise would not be able to afford it.
The Cody Sharun Memorial Youth Subsidy Fund
There are so many extra challenges for youth today during this COVID-19 pandemic. Affordable, accessible counselling support is available for all youth in need.
Cody’s family and friends created the Cody Sharun Memorial Youth Subsidy Fund within the Way to Wellness Fund to ensure that all youth in need of counselling can get it, no matter their financial circumstances. Professional counselling at Cornerstone starts as low as $20 per session.
According to the Mental Health Commission of Canada in 2022:
- Over 38% of youth say their mental health has declined due to COVID-19
- 1 in 5 youth are reporting moderate-to-severe anxiety
- 1 in 5 youth say they have been feeling lonely
- Almost 1 in 5 report they are drinking more alcohol
- 14% of individuals between 18 and 34 have increased their consumption of cannabis
- 4% of youth have tried to harm themselves.
- 10% have had suicidal thoughts